Healthy tips to combat health issues with natural remedies. Nature never ceases to amaze me how powerful and helpful it is to our incredible bodies. PMS, got herbs for that… Menopause, herbs for that too.. Gout – yup you’re covered, Arthritis, Heart, Circulation, Energy, Cognition…. whatever it is, there is a perfect plant to help you combat it. Nature is truly powerful.
Meadowsweet is a plant that grows wild in the garden. It is the original source of aspirin. Though aspirin and similar drugs can cause issues in the digestive system for people with arthritis, the extracted drug out of meadowsweet contains ingredients that can help protect the stomach.
How to make the Meadowsweet compress
1/2 pint -275 ml -(one cup) of freshly boiled water
3 tbsp ( 40g) of fresh meadowsweet leaves and flowers or 1 tsp (15g )of dried
– Pour boiled (not boiling ) water over meadowsweet cover and leave for 10 minutes.
– When it is cool enough to touch, soak a pad of cotton in the liquid.
– Squeeze out the excess liquid and hold the pad against the skin until it dries.
– Repeat as necessary, using the warm liquid.
Have you tried Cumin tea? This mild, refreshing tea does wonders to your health.
– Use 1 teaspoon of seeds per cup. Boil the kettle, then when boiled, let stand for 3 minutes before using.
– Put the cumin seeds in a teapot or individual cups and pour over the water.
– Pour into cups if using a teapot and season with the honey and lemon.
Cumin tea can also help you lose weight. Drink it the in the morning with an empty stomach for a month for a positive effect on weight management.
Peel a clove of garlic and cut the tip off of one end. Gently place it in the opening of your ear. The garlic clove should not go inside of your ear canal. Hold a warm washcloth over the ear until the ear pain is gone.
Or grab yourself some garlic perles and pierce the capsule and pour the liquid garlic into your ear, lay on your side for 5 minutes before draining out.
This saves unnecessary waits at the Doctors and antibiotic treatment which damages your gut and weakens your immune system (There are some instances where pharmaceutical treatment is required but most cases garlic or Apple cider vinegar will do the trick ?).
Salt Peppermint Scrub
Salt Peppermint Scrub ??
How to make it?
– Place 2 cups of sea salt in a mixing bowl.
– Add 2 cups of healthy oil of your choice (olive, kernel, sunflower, jojoba, etc.)
*Avoid using mineral oil or baby oil
– Stir in 20 to 30 drops of peppermint essential oil until completely incorporated
– Store the sea salt and peppermint scrub in a glass jar with a lid or in an airtight plastic container.
– Moisten your skin and apply the body scrub, starting at your feet and working up.
Cleansing Cilantro Pesto
This nutrient-packed pesto is all you need for detoxification and a happy, healthy meal!
– 1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed and dried, ends clipped
– 1 lime/lemon, juiced
– 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1/3 cup pine nuts (optional)
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– Sea salt to taste
Blend all ingredients together until desired consistency is reached. The goal is a rich, creamy paste. Put as much oils as needed.
Use it as a thicker salad dressing, a dip for vegetables or crackers, or as a topping for chicken or fish meals.
Lemon Balm Tea
Tummy Soothing Lemon Balm-Peppermint Infusion Recipe ??
Dried lemon balm leaves
Dried peppermint leaves
Add 2 tsp. mixture of dried leaves per 1 cup of boiling water. Take no more than 2-3 cups per day.
?? The Chamomile-Lavender Lotion ??
Chamomile flowers, lavender buds, beeswax, oil of any choice (jojoba oil, coconut oil, almond, or olive), water, essential oil (optional)
Start off with infusing oil (the longest step). In a jar, place 3 tbsp of dried chamomile flowers and 1 tbsp of lavender blossoms. Cover the flowers with 1 inch of any of your desired natural oil. Put a lid on the jar and wait for a month. After the month, strain the flowers from the oil.
OR You can use a double boiler, and infuse the oil over continuous heat for two hours. Stir on occasion and do not overheat. Once thoroughly infused, strain the oil with a strainer or cheesecloth.
In a double boiler, add 1/2 Cup of the infused oil and 2 Tablespoons of grated beeswax. Heat just until the beeswax melts.
Use a food processor or wire whisk to whip the oil and bees wax mixture until completely emulsified.
Mint Face Mask
Getting smooth and flawless skin doesn’t need $$$$ product, that is usually loaded with crap. Here’s a simple and natural face mask that can be made at home. ??
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp chamomile flowers
1 whole egg white
1 tbsp mint leaf paste/ ground mint leaves
Mix all the ingredients to make a paste. Apply them on your face and leave for 15 – 20 minutes. Wash your face with clean water afterward.
*or, just crush the fresh mint leaves or grind them. Apply it and leave it to dry naturally.
Ginger Detox Bath
Ginger Detox Bath does wonders to your health. You will be surprised how this simple bath can help you sweat all those nasties out of your body!
1/3 cup Epsom Salt
1/2 cup coarse sea salt
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl
- Draw a bath and pour mixture in tub. The flowing water will help combine it.
- Soak in the bath for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Note: Test the ginger first on your skin for any allergic reaction. Drink plenty of water after bath as it will make you sweat A LOT.
Got irritated eyes? Take 1 to 2 tsps of flaxseed oil each day. It has omega-3 fatty acids that can help relieve dryness in your eyes.
Ginger and Lemon
Ginger and lemon combined. BOOM! ??So good for you. A glass of hot water with 1 tsp grated ginger and half to full lemon helps activate thermogenesis that allows our body to burn fat, especially around the belly. Get into it! ?