Get a good protein kick with this tasty and easy omelette full of lycopene and iron to start the day full of charge.
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tablespoon almond or rice milk
• 2 mushrooms diced
• 1/4 onion diced
• Handful baby spinach
• 3 cherry tomatoes halved
• Himalayan rock salt and pepper to taste
• Herbs and chilli to taste
• Heat 1 tsp grape seed oil in a saucepan and add mushrooms, onion and tomato, cook in medium heat. Add desired herbs (my fave is cumin, turmeric, oregano and chilli)
• Beat eggs and milk with a fork and add all other ingredients from saucepan and whisk
• Add 1 tsp grape seed oil and 1 tsp butter or nutelex to a hot fry pan
• When the butter is melted, pour in mixture.
• Use fork to pull in edges so it does not stick, when cooked turn in half and serve on a bed of baby spinach leaves